Terms & Conditions
The Terms & Conditions (also referred as “Terms” or “Website Standard Terms & Conditions”) contained herein on this webpage, shall govern your use of this website, including all pages within this website (collectively referred to herein below as this “Website”) and any other services provided to the Users participating in the Mission: Global Genome (also known as "Global Genome Initiative" or "GGI" or "Initiative"). These Terms apply in full force and effect to your use of this Website and by using this Website, you expressly accept all terms & conditions contained herein in full. You must not use this Website or participate in the Mission: Global Genome if you have any objection to any of these Website Standard Terms & Conditions.
Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd. (also referred to as “GGC”, “Global Gene Corp”, or “Us”, or “We”, or “Our”), is headquartered at 160 Robinson Road, #20-03 SBF Centre, Singapore 068914 and is referred to herein as GGC (or "we," "us," "our") and be deemed to include successors and Permitted Assigns, the Parent and group companies, subsidiaries and affiliates of GGC.
Participant (or "you," "individual," “User”) is a person who has consented to participate in the Mission: Global Genome, a project undertaken by Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd.
Section 1: Definitions
This section on Definitions is a subset of the above Terms & Conditions and applies to the Mission: Global Genome (also known as “Global Genome Initiative”or “GGI” or “Initiative”), a project undertaken by Global Gene Corporation Pte. Ltd. (“GGC”).
- 1.1. Personal Information or Personal Data: data or information that can be used to identify an individual, either alone or in combination with other information. GGC may collect and store the following types of Personal Information:
- 1.1.1. Registration Information: the information that an individual provides about him/her when registering for and/or purchasing GGC’s Services (e.g. name, email, address, and mobile number, user ID and password, and payment information).
- 1.1.2. Genetic Information: information regarding an individual’s Genetic Data, generated through processing of Biospecimen Sample(s) by GGC or by its contractors, successors, or assignees; or otherwise processed by and/or contributed to GGC.
- 1.1.3. User Health and Other Information: information about an individual’s disease conditions, other health-related information, personal traits, ethnicity, family history, and other information that is entered into surveys, forms, or features while participating in this Initiative.
- 1.1.4. User Content: all information, data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials - other than Genetic Data and User Health and Other Information transmitted, whether publicly or privately, provided in any form and manner by you to GGC.
Section 2: Acceptance of terms & conditions
This section on Acceptance of terms & conditions is a subset of the above terms & conditions and applies to the Mission: Global Genome, a project undertaken by GGC.
- 2.1. Agreeing to the terms & conditions
- 2.1.1. By agreeing to the terms & conditions, you or your legal representative are authorizing (i) collection, access, use and storage of your Personal Information, (ii) use and transfer of your Personal Information for commercial and Intellectual Property (“IP”) purposes and (iii) disclosure to authorised service providers, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, and relevant third parties.
- 2.1.2. You represent that you are eighteen years of age or the age of legal majority in your country of residence on the date of enrollment to Mission: Global Genome.
- 2.1.3. You agree and understand that, GGC may share some or all of your Personal Information with successors and Permitted Assigns, the Parent and group companies, subsidiaries and affiliates of GGC. GGC may also share some or all of your Personal Information with partner healthcare providers who are working with GGC, for collecting and analyzing the information.
- 2.1.4. You understand and agree to the terms of our Data Protocol as defined in Section 3.
- 2.1.6. You understand and agree to the Disclaimers in Section 5.
- 2.1.7. You understand and agree to the Reward Eligibility and Selection Criteria for Genetic Information as defined in Section 6.
- 2.1.8. You understand and agree to the Referral Program Eligibility and Selection Criteria defined in Section 7.
- 2.1.9. You understand and agree to the Other terms & conditions as defined in Section 8.
- 2.2.1. You agree to participate in this Initiative. You certify to the best of your knowledge that you/your legally acceptable representative accept the Terms of the Initiative and clearly understand the nature, risks and benefits to you or your legal ward on account of your participation in the Initiative. You understand that your participation is voluntary and that you are free to withdraw consent at any time, without giving any reasons.
- 2.2.2. All Users participating in this Initiative will be deemed to have accepted all the Terms & Conditions.
- 2.3.1. If you no longer wish to continue to be part of this Initiative, you may withdraw your consent by sending a request to Customer Support.
- 2.3.2. When you send a request to withdraw your consent, it may take upto 30 days for us to process your request and remove your Personal Information. This step is irreversible and once completed, there will be no way to retrieve the deleted Personal Information.
- 2.3.3. Your Personal Information will not be used in any research or commercial activity after the withdrawal request is processed, however it will not be possible to exclude it from such activities already in progress.
- 2.3.4. We may retain some limited Personal Information for accounting, audit and compliance purposes.
Section 3: Data Protocol
This section on Data Protocol is a subset of the above terms & conditions and applies to the Mission: Global Genome, a project undertaken by GGC. By agreeing to our Website Standard terms & conditions, you agree to our Data Protocol in this section.
- 3.1. Ownership of Personal Information, Content and Intellectual Property Rights
- 3.1.1. You understand and agree that you remain the sole owner of your Personal Information and Biospecimen Samples, however by agreeing to these terms & conditions you provide GGC a perpetual, sublicensable, worldwide, royalty-free license to host, store, copy, publish, distribute, provide access to, create derivative works of, and otherwise use your Personal Information to the extent and in the form or context we deem appropriate on or through any media or medium and with any technology or devices.
- 3.1.2. You do not acquire any rights to any research, Intellectual Property or Commercial Products that GGC may develop from your Personal Information and you will not receive any compensation for the same. GGC reserves the rights to all such research, Intellectual Property and Commercial Products.
- 3.1.3. Some or all of your Personal Information may be transferred to or reside in servers or be used in research outside of your country of residence, and GGC reserves the right to transfer your Personal Information across borders without restrictions but in line with local regulatory and legal requirements.
- 3.2.1. In the event that GGC goes through a business transaction(s) such as a merger and/or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred.
- 3.3.1. By registering for this Initiative, you agree that we may contact you via the following channels: (1) Text Message, (2) Emails, (3) Phone Calls and (4) any other means of communication to inform about our services. You can opt-out of receiving messages or notifications from us by using the unsubscribe link in the communication or contacting our Customer Support. Please note that you may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages, such as technical notices, purchase confirmations, or service-related emails.
- 4.1. We collect and handle information (i) to provide, analyze and improve our Services, (ii) as we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, including for marketing and advertising purposes, (iii) to protect the security and safety of our Users, (iv) to comply with laws and regulations we are subject to.
- 4.2. We do not sell, lease, or rent your Registration Information to a third-party, except in the event of a business transactions mentioned above in Section 8 of the Website Standard Terms & Conditions.
- 4.3. We may share, sell, lease or rent your Anonymised Information to a third-party.
- 4.4. We may share, sell, lease or rent Aggregate Information to a third-party.
- We understand and respect the sensitive nature of the information you may provide to us, including information about your genetic characteristics, disease conditions, racial and ethnicity, etc. To that end, we aim to be transparent in our collection, use and disclosure of this information.
- 4.5. We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our Services.
Section 5: Disclaimers
This section on Disclaimers is a subset of the above terms & conditions and applies to the Mission: Global Genome, a project undertaken by GGC. By agreeing to our Website Standard terms & conditions, you understand and agree to the Disclaimers in this section.
- 5.1. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by www.globalgenome.com, a property of GGC. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- 5.2. If you are selected to be rewarded with free Genetic Information: GGC does not intend to provide you with specific medical advice, but rather may provide you with information to help you and your healthcare provider better understand the information associated with your health. The services which GGC provides are for informational purposes only and cannot be used as a substitute for professional medical advice or for diagnostic purposes. The information provided to you does not identify an existing medical condition and is not a genetic diagnosis of disease. If you have specific concerns about your health status or genetic testing, you should consult with a physician or other healthcare provider. If we provide you with any recommendations that identifies potentially actionable information (based on User Health and Other Information, Genetic Information, and scientific literature or research), this information is intended for informational purposes only and for discussion with your healthcare provider. Reliance on any information provided by GGC is solely at your own risk. While GGC attempts to keep all the information in the Services up-to-date, the science and knowledge in the genetic testing area changes quickly, and the services should not be considered error-free. GGC makes no warranties or representations, either express or implied, as to the content of the Services, and assumes no responsibility for any consequence relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based upon the information you receive.
- 5.3. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of GGC. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any link does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the Website up and running smoothly. However, GGC takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the Website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- 5.4. If any of the Personal Information shared by you is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly by sending a request to Customer Support. We may accept your request to delete the Personal Information, unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your Personal Information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
Section 6: Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Free Genetic Information
This section on Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Genetic Information is a subset of the above terms & conditions and applies to the Mission: Global Genome, a project undertaken by GGC. By agreeing to our Website Standard terms & conditions, you agree to the Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Genetic Information as outlined in this section. In order to be eligible for selection and possible rewarding of Genetic Information, you must meet the following criteria in full:
- 6.1. You confirm the accuracy and truthfulness of all information that you may have submitted or will submit to us and understand that the completeness of the information provided by you will be used to determine your eligibility of participation in the Initiative.
- 6.2. You have read, understood and agreed to the Website Standard terms & conditions.
- 6.3. You represent that you are a resident/citizen of India, or other countries eligible to participate in the Mission: Global Genome.
- 6.4. You represent that you are eighteen years of age or the age of legal majority in your country of residence on the date of enrollment to Mission: Global Genome.
- 6.5. You are not an employee of GGC.
- 6.6. If selected , you will be sent an email confirmation or communication and will need to confirm acceptance within 7 days to avail the reward.
- 6.7. Winners will be announced at a date and time notified by GGC within a year from the closure of window for participation in the Initiative.
- 6.8. Selection of the winners shall be made at GGC’s discretion and shall be final and binding.
- 6.9. The selected participants will be required to undergo counselling and an informed consent process that may include collection of additional Personal Information and Biospecimen Samples. Only those participants who consent and participate in the process will be eligible for the reward.
- 6.10. Participants cannot exchange their rewards for gifts or cash or transfer or defer their rewards. In case you choose not to avail the offer made to you, GGC reserves the right to rescind the offer.
- 6.11. The total number of participants rewarded may vary depending upon the number of participants qualifying the eligibility criteria up to the lower of:
- (1) 1 Lac (1,00,000) Users, or
- (2) 10% of Users who participated in this Initiative.
Example: (1) When the total number of Users who participated in this Initiative is fifteen Lac (15,00,000). In which case, the total number of winners may be upto 1 Lac (1,00,000) i.e. lower of 1 Lac and 1.5 Lac (1,50,000, 10% of 15 Lac).
(2) When the total number of Users who participated in this Initiative is Eight Lac (8,00,000). In which case, the total number of winners may be up to be Eighty thousand (80,000) i.e. lower of 1 Lac or 80,000 (10% of 8 Lac).
Section 7: Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Referral Program
This section on Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Referral Program is a subset of the above terms & conditions and applies to the Mission: Global Genome, a project undertaken by GGC. By agreeing to our Website Standard terms & conditions, you agree to the Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Referral Program as outlined in this section. In order to be eligible for selection and possible rewarding of Genetic Information, you must meet the following criteria in full:
- 7.1. You confirm the accuracy and truthfulness of all information that you may have submitted or will submit to us and understand that the accuracy, truthfulness and completeness of the information provided by you and those participating via your referral link will be used to determine your eligibility of participation in the referral program.
- 7.2. You have read, understood and agreed to Website Standard Terms and Conditions.
- 7.3. You are a resident/citizen of the countries eligible to participate in the Mission: Global Genome.
- 7.4. You represent that you are eighteen years of age or the age of legal majority in your country of residence on the date of enrollment to GGI.
- 7.5. You are not an employee of GGC.
- 7.6. Winners will be sent an email and those who respond within 7 days of the email, will be rewarded with either an Apple iPad or a gift voucher worth Rs. 500. It is hereby understood by the Participants that those who do not respond to the email sent by GGC shall not be eligible for the rewards.
- 7.7. All the Participants who enrol in the Initiative will have a chance of being selected for an Apple iPad or a gift voucher worth Rs. 500, in conformity with other eligibility criteria.
- 7.8. The gift voucher will be awarded in Indian Currency, and its usability may be restricted to India. The Apple iPad may also be restricted to delivery within India.
- 7.9. Each Participant will be provided with a unique referral link. You may share this referral link within your network, at your discretion. Each successful enrollment to the Mission: Global Genome via your unique referral link will be counted as a Successful Referral by you.
- 7.10. Top 3 participants with the highest number of Successful Referrals will receive an Apple iPad.
- 7.11. A further top 100 participants with the highest number of Successful Referrals will receive a gift voucher worth Rs. 500.
- 7.12. Winners will be announced within fifteen days from the closure of window for participation in the Mission: Global Genome.
- 7.13. Selection of the winners shall be final and binding.
- 7.14. In case you choose not to avail the offer made to you, GGC reserves the right to rescind the offer.
- 7.15. Winners cannot exchange the rewards for cash or transfer their winnings.
- 7.16. Participation in this Initiative does not entitle the Participant/s to claim the gift voucher. You should be a selected/declared Winner by GGC in conformity with the terms & conditions to claim the rewards.
- 7.17. GGC may change the Eligibility and Selection Criteria in this section at its discretion without stating any reasons whatsoever and participants may be intimated of the changes either via individual email communication or via the Website.
- 7.18. GGC reserves the right to substitute the prizes for other prizes without prior notice, at its absolute discretion and participants may be intimated of the changes either via individual email communication or via the Website.
Section 8: Other terms & conditions
- 8.1. No warranties: This Website is provided “as is” with all faults, and GGC makes no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Additionally, nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
- 8.2. Limitation of liability: In no event shall GGC, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and GGC, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
- 8.3. Variation of Terms: GGC reserves the right to revise the terms & conditions at any time that it deems fit and necessary, and we encourage you to read all the terms & conditions periodically.
- 8.4. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the English laws in the Courts of Singapore, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Singapore for the resolution of any disputes. Nothing contained in these terms & conditions shall limit GGC's rights to bring enforcement proceedings in another jurisdiction or to seek interim, protective or provisional relief in the courts of another jurisdiction.
8.5. Restrictions: All Users are required to read and abide by the following restrictions:
- 8.5.1. Publishing any Website material in any media or copying any information/ data from the website.
- 8.5.2. Selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material.
- 8.5.3. Publicly performing and/or showing any Website material.
- 8.5.4. Using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website or GGC.
- 8.5.5. Using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website.
- 8.5.6. Using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity.
- 8.5.7. Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website.
- 8.5.8. Using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
- 8.5.9. Certain areas of this Website are restricted from access by you, and GGC may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality of such information.
- 8.6. Admissibility of Printed Version: A printed version of this terms & conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this terms & conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- 8.7. Section titles: The section titles in the Terms & Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- 8.8. Severability Clause: If any portion of the Terms & Conditions is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.